Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Masking

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

 MASK IT 

there are several ways you can create a mask, by simply tearing paper you can create hills and valleys, die cutting a shape, using a stencil or masking fluid or simply stamping an image onto scratch paper and cutting around it. The possibilities are almost endless! We will be looking forward to seeing what technique you use to create your project!
We are showcasing Altenew Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px



Generally the masking technique is a technique that I know and have done but because I layer my images I don't necessary to do that often.

So for this challenge I thought I would actually show masking and gave myself another challenge by making a one layer card what on earth was I thinking.

First of all I stamped my Altenew Succulents on piece of thin copy paper, its important to stamp on paper to make you mask to try and avoid the halo effect. I then had the pleasure of cutting out and again its important to cut close to the edge of the outline nearest the image. This again to try and avoid the halo but I have a black pen ready in case it happens. To make my masks repositionally I used a Zig two way glue pen on the back.

I stamped the middle pot first and when I'm sure the ink is dry I carefully place the mask making sure is it correctly cover the image. Then stamp the two pots on each side of the central image. I would at this point embossed the Simon Stamps Stitched Rectangles. Of foolish me I embossed after I use Prismacolour Pencils to colour my images and held my breath that I have embossed them crooked.

What was I thinking I stamped the beautiful sentiment from the Succulents stamp set over my image and to make it stand out I used WOW black embossing powder. So much could have gone at the last moment that when it didn't I almost needed a lie down in a dark room to recover.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 




15 comments:

Pat said...

I love your succulents Debby and a great bit of masking, and the embossed stitched frame shows them off beautifully. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I did think when I saw your stamped sentiment that you were very brave haha, I am not surprised you needed to go for a lie down, I don't think I would have dared!! :-) You pulled the design off brilliantly! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

Beautifully done (and explained), Debby! Love how it turned out!

Lin said...

Beautifully done (and explained), Debby! Love how it turned out!

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for explaining the technique. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Debby, love the sentiment
Lorraine x

Jane said...

Such a lovely clean and simple card - great work as always Debby xx

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Debby, a fabulous CAS design and great sentiment.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Love this CAS card, a great design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card and sentiment, glad you didn't have to lie down in a darkened room LOL.
Faith
x

Jenna ♥ said...

Wow, this is wonderful card!!!

Annie Solomon said...

Very clever card. Would never have thought to use the cacti this way. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Annie Solomon said...

Very clever card. Would never have thought to use the cacti this way. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Unknown said...

Very nice and CAS card ! And very funny way to explain ! Thanks for sharing your emotion while creating this card ! Izzy Scrap

Stephanie said...

Stunning card, Debby! The shading is very life-like!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!