Thursday, June 30, 2016

Charlie Caroling


I decided to use up some last years Echo Park Winter papers and I saw this piece with a snow scene and decided since time is in short supply I would make a quick card. Then I decided I needed to give the little chap a white border maybe not so quick after all.

The little choir boy is a Mo Manning image called Charlie Caroling he does have some fellow companions Maisie and Victorian or you can buy the set with Christmas Street Lamp.

To decorate I cut out some musical notes in fun foam along with the snowflake this means no trying to match up the layering and is quicker. I have an old MFT button dies to cut out the button for snowflake this I did layer a couple of times it also gave it a bit strength to tie the sparkly knot.

Now we are almost in July Christmas is sneaking to the fore front of my mind.

22 comments:

Debra K. said...

Fantastic card Debby! I've been a follower for a while and I'm in awe of your cards. The fun foam notes and snowflake are a wonderful addition to the card. I've just been reading your tutorial again and see that you mention some silicon glues leave watermarks. I've just had this problem with Pinflair and it ruined two of my cards. I would be very grateful if you would tell me which glue you use so I can avoid this happening again. Thanks, Debra x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love how you've created your own foam embellishments!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love blue and white, fab card

brenda said...

Another lovely creation Debby, hope you have a good Thursday.

B x

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

This boy is so cute and has great dimension to him. I love everything about this card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have used the fun foam, love Charlie and your card.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Afternoon Debbie what a gorgeous cards and the design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Debby. Charlie is FAB! x

riliska said...

Your beautiful card! Your coloring is gorgeous!

cuilliesocks said...

Oh I just love your card, the image is wonderful and those musical note dies are fab, love the frosty blue tones, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card I love everything about it. Hugs Jackie

Sarah said...

Such a great card Debby xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Debby, great design.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, love the stamp and scene you've created
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

He is adorable Debby..singing his little heart out and I love the scene you created..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

Fab card and he is brilliant in his own scene. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

This is a fantastic card Debby and the snowy background works really well and the white foam musical notes and snowflake with dp diecut button are great embellishments. x

Maria said...

Hi Debby, Fabulous card, love it all !
Maria x

Cheryl W. said...

Super holiday card! Love your little caroler.

Anonymous said...

What a fab card. Love the colours xx

Unknown said...

Hate to think of the snow already but what a "great" card. I love the colors and design, oh heck I love everything about it!

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Debby, love those die cut musical notes :)