Saturday, June 18, 2016

Birthday Reminder


Well we are Midway at Penny Black Saturday Challenge with our Birthday theme. I thought I would use this Penny Black Sweet Ride just cos it got hearts doesn't mean its just for Valentines.

I used the Taylored Expression Heart embossing folder since the cuttlebug hearts folder is not available anymore the hearts are a bit bigger but I think I could live with that. The papers are theirs too called Hello Happiness.

I made the sentiment circle with Simon Says stamp Stitched circles dies, along with Holiday shapes for the heart die and I believe the sentiment is theirs too.

Nearly forgot the Stitched Daisies are Simon Says Stamp as well.

Now I do have some Birthday candy and I have a Mr Linky on this POST. I noticed that I have lots of comments but you really need to use Mr Linky.

Bit of an emotional day yesterday brought some Sweet Williams flowers for my Dad's Birthday he used to grow them on his allotment when I was little. I'm pretty sure he used to sell them to someone who had market stall in North Street this was in the 60's and it wasn't something I paid attention then but remember seeing them when I used to walk up there to met him.

25 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, love the bright colours

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous card Debby and love how you've kept the heart theme on it...

Anne

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card the little hedgehog is so cute. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

Lovely work as always Debby. Sweet Williams have a similar meaning to me as well.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Craftychris said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! The image is so cute and your colouring is awesome! Love the embossing, papers and gorgeous flowers too! Sweet Williams mean a lot to me too. They were my Grandma's favourite flower and she always used to grow them. They meant a lot to her as my Grandad's name was William - her sweet William. He died in 1964 and she in 1980 so they always reminded her of him. I have a stamp and die set of this gorgeous flower by Sheena Douglass - I have yet to use it but I just had to have it when it was released! xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous card, such a sweet image and great design too.
Kath x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card fun too. Sweet Williams bring back childhood memories to me too, they were always in the garden and I loved the perfume.
Faith
x

Whisper said...

Oooo am loving the bright fresh colours and i love how you embossed before adding the image too, Luv Sam x

Cheryl W. said...

Love all your beautiful layers on this card.

Maria said...

Such a sweet card Debby, wonderful layout and
your colouring is perfect. Hope you well,
Maria x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a sweet card Debby!

Helen said...

Beautiful card Debby - love those colours & the way you embossed the hearts on the background!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Debby...I love Sweet Williams...I have just bought some in memory of my dad too.X

Sarah said...

Love this card Derby. I grow Sweet Williams in my garden for my Dad, he loved them and, of course, they are always in bloom for his Birthday xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Debby, such a cute image and pretty papers.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Debby, love the cute hedgy and pretty papers,
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Love PB hedgies and this card is adorable. Love the flowers. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

A beautiful card Debby and love all the hearts and the stitched daisies are so pretty with that cute hedgie too. x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sweet card Debby - love your colour theme and the little hearts folder is so pretty.

D.Ann C said...

Precious colors and I love how you did the 3d!

littlebee said...

Love the card Debby, I too love sweet William, lovely scent too. Have a wonderful day. Sue x

Kat W said...

Totally stunning card; the colours and pretty papers look gorgeous and I love the layered design :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Monique said...

Beautifull card Debby !! I love those penny black images. Must work with them more :).

Hugs Monique

Paddington fan said...

Fabulous card Debby, love those papers and this is another PB stamp on my wishlist! Thank you so much for having me as guest designer at Penny Black Saturdays this month - I've really enjoyed it!
Love Jacky x
P.S. I have some Sweet Williams in the lounge at the moment - they remind me of my Grandad xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Hope your ok xx