Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Birthday Cats

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Mask It Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

 FATHER'S DAY/FOR A GUY 

We are showcasing Tim Holtz Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I decided not to make a Father's Day card but a Birthday card for my Dad, his birthday is always round Father's day, even falls on the same day sometimes. For the first time I didn't panic when I saw we had to use Tim Holtz products I knew I wanted to use either the Crazy Cats or Birds.

I wanted to use a couple of cats and then I had a lightbulb moment that I could used the Happy Birthday from Simon Say Stamps. It just so happened that the Lawn Fawn Beachside Pint patterned paper had arrived in the craftroom. I did cut the sentiment in plain card before the final patterned layer.

My cats were blended with various inkpads and  rather than black cat I made the cat blue because I thought I could get the shading better with dark blues although my first colour was a grey. I always put one stamped image to one side so I can cut out the eyes and don't have to worry about working round them when I'm blending.

Since this is my Dad's Birthday Card and I'm lucky that where he was cremated has somewhere to place cards I added the tiny message from the Simon Says Stamp Ranunculus stamp set. In the end I had to place the cats and sentiment on a tall card but longwise made it a bit tricky to photo.

So now it's YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Instagram
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge 

There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven't subscribed by email you may want to so you don't miss out


Simon Says Stamp 


14 comments:

Pat said...

These Crazy Cats are such fun Debby and have made a fabulous card and a really happy way to remember your Dad. x

Sarah said...

This is such a great card Debby. My Dad's Birthday was June 16th, so like yours often celebrated his Birthday and Father's Day on the same day. It would have been his 80th Birthday this year, sadly he didn't even see 55, but got to meet his first GrandDaughter and GrandSon xx

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant! Jo x

Lorraine said...

I love your fun card Debby, those cats look brilliant!
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A super card Debby, those cats are so funny.
Pauline
x

Chrissy said...

A fabulous card Debby..the cats are awesome and I'm sure your Dad will be smiling when you leave it there for him..

luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Debby this is a gorgeous card I love the cats and the happy birthday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card Debby and love the cats. Gorgeous papers and design too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Janice said...

Think I need to get these cats - super card, jx

Dawn T said...

Super cute Debby. A great card

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debby! I love the Crazy Cats and the spotted paper sentiment looks lovely
Hugs Mandy xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely card and what a lovely idea. Will have to check if our Crematorium does the same. Love the cats and the paper and design.
Faith
x

Caryn said...

Great card - those cats are so funny!!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these cats are fab, another set for my wish list ;)